Synopsis: Love is an open door...except when it keeps slamming in your face Hopeless romantic Milly Rose has had her fair share of heartbreak. Obsessed with all things Disney, she refuses to give up on finding her Prince Charming - he's out there somewhere, isn't he? When Milly is given a job to investigate the origins of a historical building in the village of Clover's Rest, she's not sure what to expect. What she discovers takes her breath away - a beautiful real life Cinderella castle, complete with turrets, a magnificent drawbridge AND a very handsome owner...Cameron Heartstone. As Milly and Cameron begin to unearth the secrets of Clover Castle, they can't ignore the intense chemistry building between them. But they've both been hurt badly before. Can they take a big leap of faith and find their own happily-ever-after? A deliciously enchanting read that will delight fans of Rachael Lucas, Lucy Diamond and Miranda Dickinson or anyone who has ever blubbed at a Disney movie. Who says real life can't be a fairytale?
Kat’s Rating: 5/5
Kat’s Review: Okay I need to start by saying if the romantic fairy-tale is not your thing then please feel free to step away and read no more. If however you love the escapism that books like this bring then read ahead at full speed. Many of you know that my reading is split about 70% in the Crime, Thriller & Mystery genre with the remaining 30% made up of other fiction including romance. In real life I am not a particularly romantic, flowers and candy kinda’ woman, but in fiction I LOVE it.
Holly Martin IS the real deal when it comes to the princess, fairy-tale happy ever afters that many readers love; and boy does she go to town with this. Yes it borders on the unrealistic but I DON’T CARE, I truly don’t. If I really wanted real life, it would be grim. I read so much about dead bodies, corpses and crime scenes that when I read another genre I look forward to the whimsical and romantic type just as much as other kinds of books. The lead in this book is Milly Rose and she is an absolute treat. You can’t help but fall in love with this optimistic and bubbly blonde who takes her work so seriously. She makes her way to a historical building in the village of Clover’s Rest not expecting to find her very own version of a Disney Castle. It’s there that she meets the new owner who happens to have inherited the castle, Cameron Heartstone (who FYI sounds as hot as hell!).
The story is interesting, funny, romantic and gave me so many moments where I found myself saying “I really need to live in a castle”. When Cameron’s PA turns up it seems the drama just increases tenfold and it makes for some very excellent chapters within this already fantastic book. No it won’t be everybody’s cup of tea; but it’s certainly mine and is the equivalent of my perfect cup of tea along with a big fat slice of cake too. Yep, it is most definitely the stuff of fairy tales. It’s so wonderfully descriptive, and yes although it leans so far towards sloshy romance it’s sickening it’s also completely addictive reading. From the bonkers characters of the people in the village, to the history of the castle and the legends that have been formed there over the years, it really couldn’t do more. Packed full of characters I loved or loathed it was the perfect anecdote to an overdose of Crime books. As for the epilogue, it was perfect. Holly Martin.…pure genius and I can’t WAIT for the next one.